Peace of Thread is a non-profit organization that empowers women who have come to the United States seeking refuge from war, persecution and poverty to make a new life for themselves and their family. The women of Peace of Thread hand make high quality, one-of-a-kind handbags and accessories using top-of-the-line, up-cycled fabrics from the Atlanta Decorative Arts Center.
To give a voice to families in vulnerable populations through employment.
Our Core Values:
- We seek to bring women from the East and West together for friendship and conversation about peace.
- We seek to provide quality training for the less fortunate.
- We create an atmosphere for learning English and culture.
- We create bags with the highest quality fabrics incorporating repurposed embellishments.
- We provide an opportunity for refugee women to find work.
- We provide an atmosphere absent of fear where women can discover who they are through mentorship.
- We design each the inside of each bag even more beautifully than the outside and teach the women that they were designed in the same way.
- We sew and mend, not only physically but emotionally and spiritually as well.